The Greater Lovell Land Trust (GLLT) creates two or three positions for local students each summer. Our goal is to both promote regional, conservation-minded stewardship and to create future leaders for the organizational mission of the Greater Lovell Land Trust.
This donor-funded program provides successful candidates the opportunity to develop a connection to the work of the GLLT in land preservation, land stewardship and management, recreational management and Environmental Education.
A preference is given to students who have ties to the Towns of Lovell, Stoneham, Stow, or Sweden, Maine and surrounding areas.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualities:
- a strong interest in the environment, natural resources, outdoor recreation, and environmental education
- a commitment to providing leadership to community organizations and programs
- good communication skills and professionalism
- the ability to perform physically demanding work in remote areas
- the ability to work in a team environment
- the ability to work without direct supervision
- a clean driving license
In 2017 we are pleased to have three exceptional students joining our team. They will be working with our staff and volunteers for eight weeks, helping to deliver our educational program to area youth, and working with our Properties Commission and other volunteer teams.
Interested candidates for 2018 can contact Tom Henderson at 207-925-1056 or email at: [email protected].