Directions to and trail maps for our properties (click on property names to open PDF of property trail map):
(shows area roads and landmarks for driving to properties)
From Lovell, drive north on Route 5. Turn right onto Old Waterford Road. After 4.6 miles stay left to continue on Five Kezars Road. A small parking area is located on the right about a mile down the Five Kezars Road marked with a GLLT Trails sign. This trailhead services the “Mountain Trail.” There is a second trailhead another 0.5 miles down the road on the right that serves “Ron’s Loop.”
From Route 5 take the West Lovell Road over the Narrows Bridge and then turn left onto Ladies Delight Road (the first dirt road on your left). The reserve parking lot is on your right at about ½ mile, a short distance after crossing the wetland and at the top of the hill. Additional parking is on the left.
From Lovell drive north on Route 5 and turn right on Slab City Road. Proceed a short distance over a bridge to the Fairburn parking area on your left Just past the boat launch.
This Reserve has four additional trailheads:
- Flat Hill: From Lovell drive north on Route 5 and turn right on Slab City Road. Proceed approximately 1.5 miles and turn left onto the Heald Pond Road. Travel to the end of the Heald Pond Road. At the cul-de-sac continue straight 100 feet to the parking lot.
- Westways: Travel north on Route 5 past the Slab City Road. The Trailhead is on the right across from the Westways Road entrance and approximately one mile north of the intersection of Route 5 and Slab City Road.
- Gallie Trail: Travel north on Route 5 past the Slab City Road and the Westways trailhead. Look for the small GLLT sign approximately 1.5 miles on right. This large parking area includes handicap spaces.
- North End Trail: Travel north on Route 5 approximately 2.5 miles past Slab City Road. The trailhead is on the right just before the south end of the North Lovell Cemetary.
(formerly the Sucker Brook Outlet Reserve)
- John A. Segur East: From Lovell, drive north on Route 5. Turn left on the West Lovell Road. Proceed over the Narrows Bridge. Go approximately 2 miles and turn left at Timber Bay Shores Road. Go approximately 1 mile and turn right (after passing pond on the right) onto Farrington Pond Road. Cross the stream and stay right on Farrington Pond Road Extension (at the intersection with Northwest Cove Road). Go approximately 1/2 mile and look for the GLLT parking sign on the left.
- John A. Segur West: The west trailhead is at the northern portion of the property off the New Road at the Lovell/Stow town line. From Lovell take Route 5 north. Turn left on the West Lovell Road. Proceed over the Narrows Bridge. Bear left at the first fork (approximately 3 miles) onto Foxboro Road. At the next fork bear left onto New Road (approximately 1 mile) and the parking lot approximately one mile on the left.
Located across from the “Boat MD,” just north of Lovell Village on Route 5. A good forest road enters the land on the right side of the Route 5 if traveling north. Look for the GLLT Trail sign at the road entrance and follow the forest road to an open parking area in a field.
(formerly The Sucker Brook Preserve)
From Lovell, drive north on Route 5. Turn left onto West Lovell Road. Proceed over the Narrows Bridge. Continue on West Lovell Road, bearing left at the first fork (approximately 3 miles) onto Foxboro Road. Follow Foxboro Road (continue straight ahead) at the fork with New Road. Drive about one mile to Horseshoe Pond Road on your right. Proceed down Horseshoe Pond Road for 0.8 miles to the kiosk on the right, just before the boat landing.